University of Zurich
8057 Zurich, Switzerland
jonathan.lorand (...at) math.uzh.ch
My PhD adviser is Alberto Cattaneo.
Here is a short Curriculum Vitae (26.10.2018).
I am currently studying some questions at the interesection of symplectic/Poisson geometry and quiver/poset representation theory.
For example, I am classifying various arrangements of special linear subspaces in symplectic vector spaces.
Here are two article I’ve written, together with Alan Weinstein, on this topic:
* (Co)isotropic pairs in Poisson and presymplectic vector spaces
* Decomposition of (co)isotropic relations
Besides being of pure-mathematical interest, objects of linear symplectic geometry also arise in various applied settings.
I recently learned more about such applications as a participant in the Adjoint School and workshop in applied category theory.
In the context of the workshop, I also worked with John Baez, Blake Pollard, and Maru Sarazola on understanding coupling in biochemistry.
I am a co-organizer of the Zurich Graduate Colloquium.
* Seminar: Symplectic and orthogonal geometry (Coordinator, Spring 2019)
* Seminar: Applied Category Theory (Coordinator, Fall 2018)
* Seminar: Avanced Topics in Linear Algebra (Coordinator, Spring 2018)
* Functional Analysis (Assistant, Fall 2017)
* Stochastik fuer Naturwissenschaften (Assistant, Spring 2017)
* Analysis III (Assistant, Fall 2016)
* Analysis II (Assistant, Spring 2016)
* Analysis I (Assistant, Fall 2015)