University of Zurich
8057 Zurich, Switzerland
jonathan.lorand (...at) math.uzh.ch
My PhD adviser is Alberto Cattaneo.
I am currently studying some questions at the interesection of symplectic/Poisson geometry
and quiver/poset representation theory. For example, I am classifying various arrangements of
special linear subspaces in symplectic vector spaces. Besides being of pure-mathematical interest,
such objects also arise in various applied settings. I recently learned more about such applications
as a participant in the Adjoint School and workshop in applied category theory.
These are articles that I’ve (co-)written:
* (Co)isotropic pairs in Poisson and presymplectic vector spaces (joint with Alan Weinstein)
* Decomposition of (co)isotropic relations (joint with Alan Weinstein)
I’ve given a couple of talks on the above work.
I am a co-organizer of the Zurich Graduate Colloquium.
* Seminar: Applied Category Theory (Coordinator, Fall 2018)
* Seminar: Avanced Topics in Linear Algebra (Coordinator, Spring 2018)
* Functional Analysis (Assistant, Fall 2017)
* Stochastik fuer Naturwissenschaften (Assistant, Spring 2017)
* Analysis III (Assistant, Fall 2016)
* Analysis II (Assistant, Spring 2016)
* Analysis I (Assistant, Fall 2015)