I am currently a Ph.D. student at the University of Zurich working under the supervision of Professor Joachim Rosenthal. Starting September 2021, I am, in addition, a Doctoral Fellow at the Cyber Defence Campus (CYD) of the Armasuisse. The title of my project under this fellowship is "Nonabelian Groups in Cryptography".
Applied Algebra, Group-based Cryptography, Number Theory
- Simran Tinani, Carlo Matteotti, Joachim Rosenthal. Complexity of Conjugacy Search in some Polycyclic and Matrix Groups. (2022) arXiv:2203.03525
- Simran Tinani. On the Conjugacy Search Problem in Extraspecial p-Groups. (2022) arXiv:2107.14214
- Julia Lieb, Simran Tinani. A Number Theoretic Approach to Cycles in LDPC Codes . (2022)[Submitted] arXiv:2107.14214
- Giacomo Micheli, Severin Schraven, Simran Tinani, Violetta Weger. Local to global principle over number fields for higher moments . (2022)[Submitted] arXiv:2201.03751
- Gianira N. Alfarano, Karan Khathuria, Simran Tinani. On Cyclic Matroids and their Applications . (2021)[Submitted] arXiv:2107.14214
- Simran Tinani, Joachim Rosenthal. A Deterministic Algorithm for the Discrete Logarithm Problem in a Semigroup. (2021)[Submitted] arXiv:2101.11500
- Simran Tinani, Joachim Rosenthal. Existence and Cardinality of k-Normal Elements in Finite Fields. Theoretical Computer Science and General Issues. Springer International Publishing (2021) doi:10.1007/978-3-030-68869-1_15 arXiv:2003.09748
- Complexity of Conjugacy Search in some Platform Groups. International Workshop on Coding Theory and Cryptography, WCC, Rostock, Germany (March 8, 2022) [Slides]
- Existence and Cardinality of k-Normal Elements in Finite Fields. International Workshop on the Arithmetic of Finite Fields WAIFI 2020, Rennes, France (July 8, 2020) [Slides]
Institute for Mathematics, University of Zurich, CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland.
Phone: +41 44 635 60 57/8