STA260 Practical Introduction to the Statistical Computing Environment R, Fall Semester 2014
This course is the first online Introduction to R course given at UZH. The
course material was produced during the summer by Prof. Owen Petchey,
Prof. Reinhard Furrer, Prof. Jan Seibert and Prof. Torsten Hothorn. The
course consists of two parts:
- working with the online material and
- face-to-face exercises each afternoon between 2 and 4 pm with Prof. Hothorn.
There will be one assignment for each day, consisting of relevant online material to study
and excercises to be done, published on this web page. Please check this webpage
constantly for updates.
- When? Sept 8 - Sept 12 2014
- Where? Online 24/7 and offline in rooms F05 (except Thursday) and F28 (Thursday only) at
Hirschengraben 84 between 2 and 4 pm starting
Monday Sept 8 to Friday Sept 12. Make sure you have access to WiFi either using
your UZH or eduroam account. There is only a limited number of power sockets, so please
bring a well-charged laptop.
- What? You will learn how to use R for statistical analyses. No knowledge of R is required,
although some computer literacy will help.
Please create a login for the Introduction to R
The course will open Monday Sept 8 around 9 am at the latest.
It is highly probable that some last minute editing will be going on; so please stay tuned and calm.