Assistant professor of pure mathematics
Institut für Mathematik, Universität Zürich
I am coorganizing a thematic quarter at IHP, Paris, early 2017 (Jan. 9 - Mar. 31). Please look at the program and register!
- Central limit theorems for sums of weakly dependent variables:
I have recently introduced a new tool, weighted dependency graphs, to obtain this kind of results;
- Deviation probabilities, speed of convergence for combinatorial random variables, via mod-Gaussian convergence;
- Random permutations, patterns and permutons ;
- Algebraic combinatorics, and in particular combinatorics in the symmetric group algebra and its representations (Young diagrams, factorizations in symmetric groups and associated graphs embedded in surfaces, Jucys-Murphy elements) ;
- Symmetric functions, including Jack polynomials, and generalizations (in particular quasi-symmetric functions) ;
- Linear extensions, hook formulas, $P$-partition theory.
- Raúl Penaguião, PhD student, Oct 2016 - present.
- Lisa Hofer, PhD student, Sep 2016 - present (co-advised with Mathilde Bouvel).
- Dario Da Stavola, PhD student, Jun 2014 - present.
- Helen Riedtmann, PhD student, Sept. 2013 - present (co-advised with Paul-Olivier Dehaye).
- Omar Tout, PhD student, Nov 2011 - Nov 2014 (co-advised with Jean-Christophe Aval).
- Jehanne Dousse, postdoc, Oct 2015 - present.
- Marko Thiel, postdoc, Oct 2015 - present.
- Per Alexandersson, postdoc, Fev 2014 -Dec 2014.
For more information, see my CV.
firstname "dot" lastname "at" math "dot" uzh "dot" ch
Valentin Féray, office Y27-J-22
phone: + 41 44 635 58 64